18 January 2007

One message

When I left home (Manchester) at 18 to attend the University of London, my father took me aside and said "Hey lad, would you like me to tell you the secret of life?" Of course I was all ears so you can imagine my shock, horror and disappointment when he said, sincerely and honestly, "Money!" Thankfully I took a different path to his, not out of choice but because of different temperament and conditioning: he had been spoilt rotten by his parents (beautiful though they were – they knew no better), and I had been beaten senseless by him. Or maybe he beat me to my senses: who knows. Who cares. The most difficult thing for a child is a parent who gives mixed messages, and I suspect this is the most difficult thing all round – the reason for most of the pain and fear we are all filled with. To live and give a life that projects just one clear and beautiful message is what we all strive for, consciously or unconsciously. That one message must be your essential nature. This essential nature finds expression through love. Love heals and makes whole. The more whole you are the more you can love, and so on and so forth. If this path/process is maintained through a life, after the penny has dropped – after enlightenment, then the rarest thing on the planet is created and realised – a person who expresses only that inner nature. A true lover.

2 comments

Anonymous said...

i love you endlessly, i admire your courage and honesty, i am so proud of your infinite talent and wisdom.
i am so happy for you and for myself.

you are the best teacher i ever had and a true lover.

me

Karen Puerta and Tim Walker said...

I do know a lot of people who have a great capacity to love, have very big hearts but are damaged.