29 May 2009

Feelings, love & spirit

Feelings and emotions (not the same thing) interpose themselves between my essential nature and the world beyond that nature, giving me the impression that I am intrinsically separate from what is outside. Love is neither a feeling nor an emotion. Love is what is all around when I manage to see beyond my feelings and emotions. Love is simply connecting energy – the substance from which the universe is built, and my insistence on not being (with) love all the time, and instead being with fear, is just my terror at the prospect of dissolving into pure connexion – emptiness. Spirit – that sense of urgency – is the energy that allows me to cut through fear, and at the same time maintain a supremely active togetherness: allows me to play with life and existence on the level of love without becoming love. Spirit simultaneously binds me together and threatens to rupture every cell – a swirling union of contradictions. The warrior dwells with spirit rather than love or fear. Spirit is his weapon of choice because of its keen blade – able to cut through anything, including love, including life. And this is the wonder of creation – that the universe needs disconnexion as much as connexion, selfishness as much as generosity. The warrior simply rights the balance by introducing torque.

No comments